ClayHouston 2019 Member Show
at Sabine Street Studio Gallery
November 16, 2019 - January 4, 2020
1907 Sabine Street, Houston, TX 77007
September 9, 2019: Call Opens
October 27, 2019: Deadline for Entry
November 14, 2019: 10am-2pm Artists to drop work off at Sabine Street Gallery
November 16, 2019: Show Opens
November 21, 2019: Gallery Reception and Awards
January 4, 2020: Show Closes
January 5, 2020: 10am-2pm Artists Pick–up work at Sabine Street Gallery
Eligibility and Media
This is a non-juried exhibition and is open to all current ClayHouston members. Work must be completed within the last 2 years, and not previously shown with ClayHouston. Each work must be made mainly of clay with other media taking a minor role in the piece. Each artist can submit 1 piece (diptych and triptychs included) for the exhibition. Wall mounted work must not exceed 48”x 48” and must weigh less than 25 pounds. All wall mounted work must be delivered ready to hang and be accompanied by appropriate hanging hardware. Pedestal work must be no larger than 3’Hx2’Wx2'D and be ready for exhibition. Floor installations must be stable and be able fit through a standard door entry. Please note on your submission page if any stand is included in the price.
The exhibition will be installed and deinstalled by ClayHouston’s exhibition chair and volunteer committee. For complex installations, artists are welcome to assist. The exhibit will run from November 16, 2019 - January 4, 2020.
Submit the completed application form and the entry fee of $35 on Submittable.com. Please follow all requirements, include name, address, contact information, e-mail and telephone number in your submittable profile information.
Guidelines and Specifications
• This is a non-juried show. We will make every effort to include all works submitted in the exhibition. Work submitted must not have been shown in a previous ClayHouston exhibition.
• Please submit high quality, professional images, at least 300 dpi, sized so the largest dimension is 6 inches (1800 pixels), as JPEG files. You may submit one full image and one detail or alternate view per work.
• Name image files with the surname of the artist, followed by the first name, and name of work. (example: smith_john_bluevase.jpg).
• Each entry must have a title, materials and techniques description, dimensions, and, if applicable, a retail price.
• Please check to make sure all files are complete and will open in their respective software. Please adhere to all format/file type requirements.
• By entering the Member Show, each artist gives ClayHouston permission to use the submitted digital images for publicity purposes.
• Any work that differs appreciably from the submitted images or is found to be objectionable can be rejected at the discretion of the ClayHouston exhibitions committee.
• Any wall-mounted work must be wired for hanging and wire MUST be firmly attached to the back of the piece. Gallery walls are drywall only, no anchor bolts can be used.
• Hanging work cannot weigh more than 25 lbs.
• If your artwork is difficult to hang/site, too delicate to handle, you will be contacted for assistance.
• Artists will be contacted to pick up their work if it does not meet the specific guidelines. If it is an easy fix, the Exhibition Coordinator might give you time to do the fix. It is best to look over the guidelines before dropping off work.
Awards will be given for one Best of Show ($100) and two Special Merit Awards ($75 each).
Delivery of Work
All work must be delivered in a stackable box or bin with a lid and packed securely. Label the box with your name, name of piece and attach a photo of your work to the outside of the box. Please make a note of delivery and pick-up dates and times. Sabine Street Gallery has some pedestals; if you have a white pedestal that enhances your work for our use, please contact exhibition chair before delivery.
Please note, ClayHouston will take great care in handling all work, however, neither ClayHouston nor 1907 Sabine, LLC is responsible for damage, loss or theft during the exhibition or as a result of transit.
All sales transactions of exhibited works will be the responsibility of each artist. Interested parties will be given artists’ contact information. Any sold work must remain at the gallery until the end of the show on January 4, 2020. We ask that if your work sells as a result of this exhibition that you donate 25% of the sales price to ClayHouston.
All works must remain for the duration of the show. ClayHouston reserves the right to photograph work for publicity purposes. Submission of the entry application signifies the artist’s understanding and acceptance of the rules and conditions of the show.
Please contact Exhibition Chair Laura Sprague
(email@example.com) with any questions.